Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Cooking dinner

Now, I'm not one who is afraid to plan and cook dinner. I did it when I was single, and I've even cooked for Amy a few times. But everything has always been relatively uninteresting - Some sort of meat, a vegetable and a potato/rice/pasta. Well, tonight, I'm making one of those things that people request of me - Mexican Lasanga. I was so excited. I was cleaning out my house this past weekend, and found the recipe. I knew pretty much what was in it, but it was still reassuring to have the recipe.

So I'm making it tonight for Amy and Dave. The biggest difference is that we had a ton of ground turkey in the freezer, so I'm using that instead of ground beef.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

4 comments:

Kyria said...

That stuff is SO good.

Ken said...

Yeah. It's good. Amy liked it so much that it's been deemed a "once a month" dish - even with the ground turkey substituted for the ground beef. I may try experimenting a little bit with it. Maybe adding corn of something.

New White Keds said...

It was SOOOOO YUMMY! No one can follow a recipe and have it turn out perfectly like you! I cook without recipes because they never turn out right. I may have to turn you loose on my Bisquick box. They have the yummiest sounding dishes!

Darryll said...

Wolfgang Puck look out, here comes Chef Kraft!