Friday, February 23, 2007

What a week - and it's not over yet

I don't think I've been so relieved for the weekend to come as this week. It's been a hell of a week. First, there was the relief of not having to go to India. Instead, it looks like I am going to week of March 11th - that's cool - it works better for me anyhow.

The work on Leni's house continues. Amy's had a ton of help during the week. We knew that our friends Brian and Amanda would be out here for two days and that would be of great help, but Jo, her family and Leni's friend Arlene have been tremendously helpful. While we aren't going to make our overall goal of having the house completely cleaned out, it's in much better shape now and we will be in a position to get it emptied, rehabbed and rented sooner rather than later.

Work has been crazy. I've never been quite so double booked in my entire life. We have two major implementations along with my client commitments. Calls starting as early as 6 and 7 a.m. and the last one being at 4 p.m. makes for some very long days and not a whole lot of work getting done.

Plus, with us being in LA, our time has been split. We want to see friends and family here, but that's balanced with the desire to get work done.

I can't wait to get home...

3 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

We can't wait for you guys to get home too!

I wish we could have stayed longer, I feel like we could have helped so much more. Stupid work. If only we did not have any other responsibilities...

I am glad we could help in what little way we did. And hopefully we can figure out another time to offer our services again.

Teri said...

I can't wait for you guys to come home as well :)

LoraLoo said...

Yay! You guys accomplished so much, and that's just that much less to do later.

Hope you guys had a safe trip back home!!