Monday, June 11, 2007

Productive weekend

Man are we both exhausted. Our second consecutive weekend in LA, but probably one of our most productive to date - or it at least it feels that way. All of the stuff we are keeping LEFT. The movers came, took the boxes and the furniture we are keeping and it all came out. The master bedroom is nearly done. Some focused effort in the bedrooms and those will be done. The Estate Sale is set for July 7th (YAY!) There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. I'll let Keds tell the story of the New Adventures of Dumpster Girl.

I just forked over $75 to Cox to "professionally install" my cable modem. I've been having issues on and off since we moved into the house, but it's been really really bad lately. Since I use it for work, this has been really annoying. Let's hope this is resolve.

The A's swept the Giants this weekend, so all is right with the world for now...

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I didn't know you guys went two weekends in a row! Wow! But I am glad you got a lot done. SOunds like there may be an end to this traveling back and forth soon.

LoraLoo said...

I'm so glad you guys got so much done over the weekend! Light at the end of the tunnel is a happy, happy thing.

"Professionally install" a cable modem? WTF? These things are supposed to be plug and play. Please tell me what they had to do and charge you $75.00 for.

Ken said...

Princess - Yeah. We should be done in July. We are so excited.

Lora - He didn't touch the connection from the cable to the cable modem. He said it was an issue with the smart box that sent the signal sky high and would knock the modem offline. He replaced a splitter outside and then basically replaced the splitter in the smart box. We'll see if this fixes it, and I'm definitely going after the builder for the $75...

LoraLoo said...

Ahhh... okay. Yup, I would go after the builder too.