Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Updates and Changes

First, a couple of quick housekeeping measures. Most of the more frequent visitors to the blog will notice that I've updated the links on the right hand side of the page. One blog that I would encourage you to visit is that of Lee Abrams. He is the head of XM Satellite Radio. His blog is interesting, especially for those who love music.

Second, most of you know that the last couple of weeks have been a little rough. While I am working through my emotions, I cannot begin to fathom what Amy is going through. All I can do is be supportive.

We have decided to adopt Leni's two dogs. Rosebud and Thorndyke. Both are Lasso mixes. Very cute dogs. I am more of a cat person myself, but these two pooches are really cute - but expensive. We just spent a bunch of cash on Rosebud at the vet. She is a generally healthy dog with some mild, but treatable, health issues. In our efforts to help socialize the dogs with the cats, we have been locking them up in Amy's office during the day. Well, left on his own today, Thorny decided to vent his displeasure on the carpet. He pulled it away from the tack, chewed it and destroyed the pad. We now have a carpet repairman coming out on Thursday.

Work is getting busy again. Getting ready to plan my next India trip. I know I haven't developed the photos from my last trip, but I will...eventually.

Hope all is well on your fronts...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My suggestion with the dogs is to leave them in an area that doesn't have carpet. We have had Buddy for a year and half, and he is still left in the laundry room. His bed and food are there, so he feels right at home while we are gone. Plus I leave a radio on for him. I hope that helps.

Janell

Fred said...

We've left the animals on their own when there was a situation like that. The cats are able to jump, so it's worked for us. Just a thought.

India? That's one place I almost made it to, but it never worked out. Would love to see how it went for you.

Tough times yield close bonds. It sounds like you're doing all you can do.

Ken said...

Janell - We've decided not to leave Thorndyke by himself. Our socialization plan is now to bring the dogs with me to "work" and leave the cats with the run of the house.

Fred - I've been to India twice now. Very interesting place. They are developing at such a rapid rate, that slums and dirt poor areas are right next to major technology centers. I agree - Amy and I will only come out of these trying times stronger.

LoraLoo said...

I think taking the dogs to "work" is a really, really good idea. Not being lonely will go a long way in this transition period.

New White Keds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
New White Keds said...

... And his name is NOT THORNY! His name is Thorndyke, thank you very much!

Ken said...

Lora - I have to agree. It's helped out a lot. And Thorndyke doesn't make any noise during the day.

Keds - I was just trying to get you going. Nice to see it worked!

Cupcake Blonde said...

It really is wonderful of you to open up your home to two needing pooches...even if some destruction gets in the way. I'm sure they are a great addition to your family! Once the carpet chewing is abated

Teri said...

I have to decide if I want to renew my subscription to xm, still can't make the decision.

Well you are on your way to Noah's Ark, you have 2 cats and 2 dogs, what is next? :)