Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day!

I had a professor in college that used to say the best thing about a three day weekend, was a four day work week. After the last few weeks, I was ready for a long weekend and a shortened work week. This being said, it's not like we sat around all weekend.

Saturday, Amy and I ran some errands early. As you may have heard, one of our new dogs spent quite a bit of time at the vet's office this week. The good news is that she's feeling better. The bad news is that she was only eating canned food. I don't mind the smell, but Amy can't stand it. I bought a couple of can's at the vet's office Friday, but needed more and on Saturday while Amy was at Kohl's running a couple of errands, I went to PetSmart. $20 later in canned food (barely enough for the week), we were on our way to Costco to spend more money than planned. From there Amy and Teri went to run some more errands and go to the Mall.

I, on the other hand, opted to go upgrade my cell phone. I've been w/Cingular for two years now and it was time to upgrade. I went from an itty bitty Nokia to my new itty bitty Motorola SLVR. It's freakin' awesome so far. I've only had it a couple of days, but I'm pretty happy thus far.

Saturday night we went to dinner at a friend's house in Southern Highlands. We came to the realization that we really couldn't live further apart, as we live in Aliante. The drive home wasn't that bad as we made it home in about 30 minutes.

Sunday was relatively lazy as Amy was recovering from a reaction to prescription cough syrup. My Mom and I went to pick up Amy's wedding band at the store, and I showed her mine. I thought she wa going to cry. Mom was very excited. While we were out, I bought Amy a paid of Crocs clogs. They are ugly as sin, but from what I understand damn comfortable.

Monday was nice a relaxing. Shopped for a flat panel monitor for Amy, swam for a little while and just generally hung out together. Top that off with a pizza dinner and life doesn't get much better.

Hope your weekends were relaxing...

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

If your friends live where I do then I think that would be about as far apart as you could get (think almost Boulder City!) :)

I love the crocs and so wanted a pair but couldn't make myself shell out that much money for a pair of shoes like that. Amy is so lucky! What color did you get her?

LoraLoo said...

Long weekends are a beautiful thing. As Americans - we are leaders of the free world - we should have four day work weeks, damnit!

Glad you guys had a great weekend!

Martin said...

As I'm reading this, I'm starting my 4 day weekend. I just don't think I'll be as productive as you. I do need to get a new cell phone. I don't see an animal moving in and just the word crocs is making me think about Steve Irwin.

Ken said...

VP - It's more like almost in Jean, but close enough. I got her grey crocs. She loves them, but she loves her flip-flops more still.

Lora - I once read a story that said we should go to 4 day work weeks all the time, because Americans would be more productive because fewer personal errands would be done on lunch hours and the like. We proposed it to our boss as a joke, but unfortunately it was right before a layoff. Oops.

Martin - Poor Steve Irwin. Go for the SLVR. It's cool. Built in iPod too.