Friday, March 21, 2008

March Madness 2008

March Madness is one of my favorite times of year. First, you have the drama of the conference tournaments. You can see a team like the University of San Diego knock off both St. Mary's and Gonzaga in a matter of two days to play their way into the Big Dance.

This weekend, you can totally overdose on college hoops. I mean seriously - 12 hours of practically non-stop basketball. Then, it's watching the underdogs give the big guys a run for their money. Who would have thought Belmont would come "this close" to knocking off Duke? And then there are the upsets. I just watched San Diego, who would not have made the Big Dance had they not won their conference tournament, take UConn to overtime, and then beat them. Who'd have thunk it?

If the first day and a half are any indication, this is going to be a GREAT tourament.

4 comments:

New White Keds said...

As long as I get the BIG DANCE with you, that is all that matters! Happy Birthday my Honey!

Anonymous said...

March Madness is sooooo overated. :-)

LoraLoo said...

I cannot tell a lie, I have not been paying attention this year...

Happy birthday!!! Enjoy your day!

Cupcake Blonde said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wish we could be there to celebrate!