Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Work Update

I'm sure several of you (need to be realistic here) are wondering how the new job is going. Generally speaking, it's going well. The worst part of it is commuting to and from work every day and getting up at 5 a.m. so I can be there by 7. Everyone is nice, and very supportive. They are making sure that I am set up for success, which is AWESOME. It's just that horrid part of a new job where you know you are competent, but aren't completely independent yet. However, I spoke to my boss yesterday and he's very pleased with my development. So things are going well. I should get my benefits packet in the next couple of days (YAY) so we can stop paying COBRA...

However, starting a new job has led to some other adjustments. I'm trying to maintain a healthy diet and exercising regimen. It's just easier said than done. The diet isn't too hard, it's just finding a way to make it into the gym as often. And when I get to the gym, I'm freakin' exhausted. My trainer even commented that I am gassing out a lot faster than I used to - the effort is still there, but energy is not.

I'm sure I'll adjust in due time. Until then, I just need to keep on truckin'...

3 comments:

Fred said...

The only time I go to a gym is for a pep rally. My only exercise is running to the bathroom.

I'm getting old.

The new job sounds good. Best of luck with everything.

LoraLoo said...

Your long days are just that... really long. But your mind and body will adjust! I used to work full time, go to college 3/4 time and work out 4 days per week. (This was at age 30, so not TOO long ago, LOL.) The workouts did suffer a little, meaning they were just shorter - but I know you can do it, you are much better at self-motivation than I believe I am. :)

Ken said...

Fred - Hey, at least you go to the gym more times than the average American!

Lora - Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think we just need a good run of time without travel to fully get used to it.