Sunday, June 08, 2008

Where's Ken?

I know. I know. It's been a while since I've posted a little comment out here. I've been a bit busy and nothing too exciting has happened. Work is phenomenal. I'm really digging this new job. The only issue I have is the commute. Going from no commute to a cross-town commute has been a little bit of an adjustment. Plus, there have been some adjustments at home. Going from being able to do my own thing, to leaving the house at 6 a.m. and not getting home until between 5 and 6 is an adjustment for Keds - and that's assuming I ONLY go to the gym after work. A meeting or an event or something really kills the rest of the evening.

Getting more and more involved in local politics. We hosted the local Assembly candidate for a Meet and Greet with the neighbors, which was a lot of fun. Right now it is all about organizing, most of the "get out the vote" efforts won't start until September or so.

I'm really focusing on staying focused with my nutrition and the like. It's hard when there are office birthdays, lunches and breakfasts going on, not to mention not really caring sometimes. But I'm confident I'll get it back together here soon.

I apologize for not being better about commenting on other people's blogs. It's amazing what happens when you don't have time to goof off at work...

Anyway, expect a more thoughtful and organized post later in the week.

2 comments:

Fred said...

Glad the new job is working out so well. I leave for work at 6:00, but work ends for me at 2:45 and I can be napping by 3:15. Feel better? :)

I dabble sometimes with the politics thing but haven't gone as far as you. It's fun when you're on the winning side; it puts you in a better position to effect change.

LoraLoo said...

Yeah the not goofing off at work time is really kind of important!

Pretty cold-blooded Fred - to mention the napping in the afternoon thing. LOL I'm so jealous.

I can't imagine your daily commute. Sometimes I get stuck on the 15 while traveling to/from sites, and it is CRAZY. I'll do anything to avoid it by taking surface streets.