Friday, March 17, 2006

Shopping

As many of you know, Amy and I are having our engagement photos taken on Saturday. We decided to go somewhat casual and I'll be wearing jeans with a button down shirt. However, my current jeans are all frayed around the heels. It's the curse of having short legs and being awkwardly between a 29 length and a 30 length. So we went to Kohl's last night to look at jeans for me.

Well...this wasn't exactly a pleasant experience for Ken. I knew I was no longer 34 waist, but we grabbed a bunch of Levi's in a size 36. Man were those tight. While I could get into them, they looked tight - and not necessarily in a good way. Luckily I was able to save my ego and bought a bunch of the Kohl's store brand jeans in a size 36 that fit just fine. It just underscores the point that I need to loose a few pounds again. Ugh.

4 comments:

Darryll said...

Does the good old saying "nut huggers" apply to the fit of them jeans...I hear ya there..at least I have ya beat, still in size 34.

Teri said...

Yeah I know what you mean, it is totally depressing to have to go up a size. I am really surprised since you seem to work out all the time... Maybe you added muscle??? heheh that sounds good anyway right?

Kyria said...

Maybe depressing but it comes with relationships... many a good man gained weight with the security/good cook combination diet.

Ken said...

First, a general update. The engagement photos have been delayed due to the rain over the weekend. Just wish we would have known before we were half-way to Green Valley!

Darryll - Yeah. They were a bit snug and I'll leave it at that.

Teri - I'll admit the "adding muscle" line works. Part of my problem right now is that I'm not working out. I haven't been to the gym in three weeks or so, and this week isn't looking so good either.

Kyria - I know what you mean. Amy is a fantastic cook. We just need to be smarter about portion control and see if we can't cut one more night of eating out out of our routine. That should help.