Friday, May 19, 2006

Season/Series Ending Episodes

The middle-to-end of May means the end-of-the season episodes. Some of them were really good. Here's a quick rundown of my takes on the ones I've seen and shows that I'll definitely miss:
  1. The West Wing - This is one of my all-time favorite shows. While it's experienced some down years the last few seasons, it definitely ended on a high note. This was one of the best seasons since the last election season. It was nice to see Josh and Donna get together finally and see the transition. While I firmly believe the show had run it's course, I will be sad to see it gone. I'm now going to have to start collecting season box sets.
  2. Grey's Anatomy - This is one of Amy's favorite shows. I'll watch it, I just don't seek it out. I liked it, up until Meredith (who I think is uber-whiny) hooked up with Derek again.
  3. How I Met Your Mother - Great show. Great season ender with Ted and Robin finally doing the deed, thanks if part to Ted's dramatic gesture. I totally saw Lily and Marshall splitting up...for now. Also, I love the "Pause" feature. If you saw the show, you'll know what I'm talking about.
  4. Two and A Half Men - That show cracks me up. 'Nuff said.
  5. That 70's Show - Oh my God! I have not laughed that hard at this show all season. It was good to see Eric (Topher Grace) and Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) come back for the final episode. It was hilarious to watch Kitty give the house tour. Cracked me up. Most of the loose ends wrapped up. Bringing back "The Circle" and Hyde talking about the car that runs on water was a hoot. Amy wants to know if Donna goes off to college finally, but I think she does. Finally, nice touch having it end New Year's Eve, 1979. Perfect.

I still need to watch the Will and Grace and CSI finales, and will catch the ones from this week once I return from India.

What were some of your favorite season-enders?

3 comments:

LoraLoo said...

How I Met Your Mother and That 70's Show. Yep, they rocked. I am so glad Topher Grace did come back - I would have been seriously disappointed if he didn't. I wanted the "what ifs" to be answered about Donna and Eric - was he staying for good? Would they get back together? Sometimes ya just need a neat, tidy closing!

Did you see CSI Las Vegas? How about that ending, huh? Only waited the last 4 seasons for that! Can't wait to see how that works out.

I have several other season finales on the DVR, I have some catching up to do.

Ken said...

Lora - You and me both. Unfortunately, they are going to have to wait until I'm back from India. Amy wanted That 70's Show wrapped up a little tighter too.

CSI was GREAT! Very interesting to see that Grissom and Sara hooked up, and I'm glad Brass pulled through.

Unknown said...

I gave up TV other than AI with Teri and my scifi Friday.