Friday, July 28, 2006

It's that time of year again...

Well, Early Voting starts tomorrow in Nevada. I am finalizing who I'm supporting for the various races. The "big name" races I usually know pretty well. It's things like "Public Administrator" and the judgeships that I have issues with. I just don't know about these positions, and I don't like to make uninformed decisions. So, for key races such as sherriff, I'm left to sift through TV ads, direct mail pieces and the like. There are folks that I know I don't like. Especially when their direct mail pieces say stuff about "activist judges" and "conservative values." That's a big turn off.

I guess I have a lot of homework to do prior to voting in the primary...Ugh.

4 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Good luck with that. I always vote but have such a hard time sifting through all the mud-throwing to make an informed decision. It honestly makes me not want to participate in the voting process.

Fred said...

Voting? Already?

Good luck with your homework.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I already know who I'm voting for. But I have my own system when comes to deciding. I base it on the people who make us do their political ads over and over because the text is "just not quite right."

I won't be voting for any of them.

Ken said...

Lora - I completely understand. That's why I want to sort through the data myself.

Fred - Thanks

Pumpkin - I kinda figured your system would be something like that.