Friday, July 07, 2006

This Week in Ken's Blog

Does anyone else remember the show "This Week in Baseball"? I remember watching it every Saturday before the network game of the week. Anyway...some general updates and other pieces.

First, I hope everyone had a happy and safe July 4th holiday. Amy and I did. Got to show of the new house, spent some time in the pool. Too bad it rained on Tuesday, though.

Our backyard is nearly done. All they need to do now is install an automatic fertilizer system. It's been trying, I'll say that much. First, they took longer than they originally committed and we needed to teach them the basics of customer service (i.e. returning phone calls within a business day). Then, they left a big pile of rock in front of our house over the weekend. And just when you figure they were home-free, their was a major miscommunication over the flagstone seating area. Anyway, it's mostly done now and looks good.

Amy's been home sick the last two days. Upper respiratory infection. Yick. To make matters worse, she couldn't get in to see her doctor until at least Monday, which I think is asinine. Well...she'll get better coverage after the wedding.

Wedding plans are moving along. Hit a couple of unexpected snafus this week that we'll need to work through. Neither of us are thrilled, but we will make it work.

Finally, work is going OK. All my clients are happy for the most part and that makes my life tremendously easier.

Next week will be a little hectic. Going to LA for Amy's cousin's wedding and her Dad is having surgery the day after. I need to get my car in to be looked at before that, but it promises to be a decent weekend.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This Week in Baseball? Who watches that. Now give me some football. The house looks nice and are you impressed that I actually kicked around the party for an hour and a half?

Teri said...

Wow, so much going on as usual. I can't wait to see the backyard completed.

Martin said...

I agree with Lloyd on baseball. I'm still shocked at how many games they play as I can't seem to avoid them. Hope Amy's feeling better soon.

LoraLoo said...

Automatic fertilizer system? Are you serious?

Lloyd was there for an hour and a half? I missed that? Er... wait... he left when we arrived! I swear Lloyd, I did bathe that day.

Hope Amy's better today!

Ken said...

Lloyd - I was impressed that you were there at the beginning and the end of the party. It was during the middle that you were missed. Also, don't you worry - training camps start soon.

Teri - It's looking nice. You should come by. If only you knew our phone number...

Martin - I personally love baseball. However, I can't wait until HBO's weekly football show is on. I can't remember the name of it right now, but it reminds me a lot of TWIB

Lora - Yes. Amy is feeling much better. She's functional and even went dress shopping today (don't worry - she's given up on the bows)

Fred said...

This Week in Baseball - with Mel Allen. (Way back when I was watching it, at least.) Interestingly, it also had the same theme music as ABC's World News Tonight. (How's that for trivia?)

Hope Amy is feeling better.