Monday, October 08, 2007

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

My name is Ken, and I am a Buffalo sports fan.

There. I've admitted it. Too bad there isn't a 12-step program for people like me. I realized I had a problem as I spoke to the television and let out a string of curses tonight as Dallas kicked a game-winning field goal as time ticked off the clock. Don't get me wrong, the Bills played a great game, keeping the Cowboys off balance and weren't embarrassed on national TV. But a bad interception in the closing minutes along with a failure to recover an onside kick cost them the game.

I will admit that I got really sick of Tony Kornheiser saying how bad things have gotten with the Bills and blah blah blah blah blah. You know what? Everyone knows the Bills were a pre-eminent franchise 15 years ago, but that was then, this is now. These things go in cycles. I just wish our cycle would come back around.

Until then, wish Keds and our pets the best. It's going to be a longggg season. I try not to throw things at the TV.

At least the Yankees lost tonight. I'm now rooting for a Colorado-Cleveland World Series. Seeing the Red Sox make it would be un-American, but thank God we don't have to suffer through another Yankees/Red Sox ALCS.

3 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Un-American?

I'm sorry...we just can't be friends anymore. :)

GO SOX!!!

LoraLoo said...

I hear I missed a really good game. Apparently it was so close that I believe we both would have been talking/yelling at the TV. :)

Martin said...

Ok, I could say a lot of things to make you feel better (the clock didn't run down enough time after the onside kick or PAT, the great turnover ratio and all) but they played a great game. I was pulling for them the whole game (which has been one of the best Monday night games in years.) I can't blame McGee for dropping a possible interception late in the game. I put a lot of the blame on allowing 20-yard outside routes with seconds on the clock and not adding to their lead early when they went for it on 4th and short early on (instead of a kick.) But, I think that people recognize there is a wealth of talent on the Bills team that can show up in any game.