Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Life Update 24 October 2007

I sort of stole the concept for the title from Martin, but reformated it so it wouldn't be quite so obvious.

Lots of stuff has been going on lately, namely:
  • Monday was our one-year wedding anniversary. I can't believe Keds and I have been married for a full year. It seems like just yesterday we were walking down the aisle at Emerald Gardens.
  • Oh wait. It was just two days ago that we walked down the aisle at Emerald Gardens. To celebrate our anniversary, she arranged dinner under the gazebo at Emerald Gardens. Tres Romantique!
  • I'm still looking for a new job. It's a lot of hurry up and wait, and you really can't take rejection that personally. What makes it more difficult is that I am looking to either stay in Vegas or work remotely. I'm sure I could have a new job in like 10 seconds if I was willing to move.
  • I finally decided on which iPod I want - the 16GB iPod Touch. It's got a good mix of what I'm looking for.
  • I'm down about 10 pounds, which is uber-exciting. I can't wait to get below 200, and from there shoot for 180. I've already had to start wearing a belt again, as my pants were starting to be a little on the loose side.
  • I am trying to cut down on the amount of TV I watch. If I can keep it to an hour of prime time a day, I'll be happy.
  • Although, we did watch The Biggest Loser last night and were absolutely shocked that 1. Neil threw the weigh in and 2. They didn't vote him out. With gaining 17 pounds, you know he'll have a monster loss next week, you would have thought the other teams would have had no choice. Poor Jez... I'm also a little annoyed that they threw that Survivor game play element in there.

That's it for now. No major new furniture deliveries, the rest should all be delivered by Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Jennifer B said...

I am so glad the dinner turned out well. You guys are so awesome!!

Teri said...

Your wife is so creative. I really have to give her a lot of credit for coming up with original ideas.

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I really need to jump on that bandwagon.

LoraLoo said...

That dinner idea was fantastic...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Martin said...

Jez shouldn't have had to go. I did notice that this element showed up a few seasons ago but really is popping up more this year. What I am shocked at is that people don't recognize a big loss coming the following week after a gain. Neal should have been gone.

I can't express how happy that I am that things are working so well with your program.