Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's all coming together

While I'll let Keds go into more detail about what's going on with our redecorating, it's really exciting to me that everything is coming together. Our house is looking more and more like a home. Coordinated furniture and a color scheme that is contemporary, versus say something that my grandparents would have had.

Keds and I are continuing to lose weight, but in a methodical manner that will hopefully ensure that it stays off. The increased physical activity is welcome and we are enjoying the spectacular fall weather.

Nothing says fall to me like Football and the World Series. Unfortunately, the Tribe took an unceremonious beating by the Red Sox in Game 1 of the ALCS, but that's why they play seven games. I'm not a huge Cleveland fan, but I like to root for the underdog, so Go Tribe! On the National League side, the Rockies took a 2 games to none lead over Arizona on a bases-loaded walk in the 11th inning. Since we saw the Rockies play in Denver this year, we are rooting for them to make it to the World Series.

Go Bills! That's all I have to say. But how cool is it that at almost any point on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon you can flip on the TV and find football on? We are going to the UNLV game this afternoon with some friends and their family/friends, but it should be a good time. I'm not emotionally invested in either team, which will keep me from drawing ire from the group we are going with (they are ALL BYU fans), so I'll probably just end up wearing my Canisius sweatshirt or something.

With the change in temperature, also comes election season. I'm fortunate that there enough informed people in my life that we can intelligently discuss politics without animosity. What astounds me the most about elections though, is how uninformed the general public is. There is an old adage that all politics are local, but if that's the case why can most people name the president of the US, who probably has the least impact on their daily lives, but most cannot name their State Assemblyman or Senator?

Anyway, have a great weekend. I'm off for a walk or something.

6 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Was this Buffalo's bye week? I haven't seen scores for them... hopefully they won't get spanked like my boys did today.

I must be honest in that I avoid politics like the plague. I pay such little attention to it, as I've lost all faith in the system.

Ken said...

Lora - Yep. This was their bye week. A much needed week off for a heavily-injured team.

Cupcake Blonde said...

GO SOX!!!

I'm with Lora. I don't like politics since I have to deal iwth it so much at work (which is also ironic since I once dreamed of becoming the Press Secretary for the President. However, I do not believe I knew what that job would really entail at the time.) Politics and I just do not mix, which is why I quickly gave up that dream. So I don't get involved with them. However, also unfortunately thanks to my job I can tell you who all the dirty politicians are.

Jennifer B said...

The furniture does look great. I must say I do enjoy our talks about politics. Even though we are always right, (hehe). It's nice that someone else cares. Thanks for going to the game. I'm just glad the score came out right. Go Cougars!!

Ken said...

Princess - I think at this point, I'm having as much fun needling the Sox fans in my life as much as I am have watching the Indians run up 7-run innings against the Sox!

Jennifer - Thanks on the furniture. I like our discussions about politics. The game was a ton of fun, even if there was some stress around the drive in...

Teri said...

There were about 7 of my students at that game. They were all rooting for BYU. :( Poor UNLV