Monday, September 26, 2005

BEST WEEKEND EVER!

I think the title says it all. This was, far and away, the best weekend I've ever had. We took our first vacation together. A long weekend in one of my favorite places - San Francisco. We got there Friday around mid-day and left Sunday afternoon. We took in a baseball game in Oakland (the A's lost), spent a whole day in the city and took an awesome tour around the city on a motorized cable car. The best part of the weekend was that it was just Amy and I, and we did things on our own schedule. It was a nice relaxing weekend away.

On a separate topic, yesterday was also my Mom's birthday. This is the first time since 1996 that I was around for my Mom's birthday. We took her to Bob Taylor's Ranch House. If you haven't been there, it's a nice special occasion type restaurant. It's one of those places that are becoming harder and harder to find in Las Vegas - a non-chain restaurant. It also gave my parents an idea of someplace to eat that isn't Kavanagh's.

Well, Amy and I both took Monday off as well, before the week starts. It's going to be a hectic week. Friday is going to be my last day at ClientLogic, so I'll be busy transitioning all my projects once I get back into the office. My current boss is in Las Vegas today, so Amy and I are having dinner with him. I like Ted. I can honestly say he's the best boss I ever had. A couple of my friends from other offices are in town this week, and they want to get together. We'll see what materializes there. My goal is to have everything transitioned by the end of the day Thursday at the very latest. I'm not going to be one of those dopes that gets stuck working late on their last day...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Ken!

Teri said...

One question... did you both decide at the same time to title your post the same? Or was it just some freaky coincidence?

New White Keds said...

Freaky co-winky-dink Teri.