Thursday, September 15, 2005

Old habits die hard, I guess...

Every once in a while, my Catholicism comes out. I'm Catholic and I admit to it. I still have a hard time grasping that the current Pope is NOT John Paul II. I was reading today how Turkey invited the Pope to come visit next year. My initial reaction was to help heal the emotional/diplomatic wounds from when the Pope was shot bu a Turkish (or was it Bulgarian) national. Then the light bulb went on. The current Pope isn't John Paul II, but rather Benedict XVI.

I guess if I went to church more often I would know these things...

3 comments:

New White Keds said...

"My name is Ken and I am a Catholic," he stood up and said to the room full of people... "Hi Ken," they replied in unison.

You are up on most current events; don't let the Catholic guilt get the best of you. Save the guilt response for my Jewish guilt. :-)

Teri said...

Good one Amy! They say Catholic guilt is 2nd only to Jewish guilt. Your poor kids :)

LoraLoo said...

LOL Amy and Teri!

Ken, we could form a Catholic support group. Oh, wait... I'm a fallen away Catholic, so I guess technically I couldn't join. BUT - just because I haven't been to church in ohhh, something like 15 years, doesn't mean I still don't have the Catholic guilt! It stays with you like a tattoo, damnit.