Monday, September 12, 2005

Progress

I can start seeing light at the end of the tunnel. My folks place should be painted today, unless you listen to my Dad's way of thinking. They are going to go shopping for flooring tomorrow, and Dad and I are pulling the existing carpet out of the downstairs on Wednesday.

I really do feel for my folks. They are coming up on two months of living out of suitcases and in un-homey conditions. The drive back and forth is killing them. This being said, on the positive side, their place is feeling more and more like their home. The bedrooms and upstairs bathrooms along with the kitchen are all painted. They have ordered their bedroom and dinette sets. Mom and Amy have bought sheets, shower curtains, dishes and stuff. Once the floor is in downstairs, I think they'll be set. I honestly believe that if they had a mattress and box spring on site, they'd be living there now.

To make a long story short, I think everyone involved is ready for them to be in their own place and settled. This being said the time in front is shorter than the time behind us.

For the record - Bills 22 and Texans 7. The A's lost yesterday. They are 2 games behind the Angels in the AL West and 2.5 games behind Cleveland for the Wild Card. They open a three-game series in Cleveland this evening.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Glad to see things are progressing nicely. Boy this sounds all to familiar with my parents and their new house.