Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Take me out to the ballgame...

In reading a lot of the other blogs there out in blogland, it appears that a lot of people (OK - me included) are going through a lot of change. Moving, changing jobs, having kids and getting married are all part of life and can be good. My life is no different. Not only have Amy and I decided to get married, we bought a house, sold mine and moved twice. But that's not the point of this post.

The point is that while change may be the only real constant in life, there are some things that are constant as well. As an example, baseball season is really just heating up. We are about two months into the Major League Baseball season. And like clockwork, the Oakland A's are starting to heat up. They have recently had a 10 game winning streak and after a better April and May than they've had in recent years, they are well positioned for another pennant run.

For my birthday, Amy got me a 10 game pack of seats to the 51s, which is pretty cool. I've got tickets to four games in July, so I'll get to see a lot of baseball.

Our pool should be ready to swim in by this weekend, which is freakin' awesome. Can't wait. It's over 100 like everyday, so the pool will be nice and refreshing.

Anyway, a little disjointed, but all I can say is Go A's.

6 comments:

New White Keds said...

Green and gold anyone???

Cupcake Blonde said...

51s games are sooo much fun! I've been to two this season and had a blast!

So I'll be over to swim when the pool's done, right? :) You are so lucky to have that luxury in your own backyard and not have to share it with all the neighborhood children.

Ken said...

Keds - Did you know they sell the paint at Home Depot? I see a child's room painted those colors.

Amanda - Both Amy and I have held off on using pools in the past because we've had community pools. Don't want to deal with the noise and stuff. This will be way nicer.

Teri said...

I think that was the most random post I have ever seen you make my sequential friend :)

Yeah, I can't wait for the pool to be done either and I get to see it today :)

Unknown said...

Forget the pool, 51s tickets? Ok I am being facetious, I am not really a baseball fan.

Fred said...

Random thoughts. Gotta love it.