Monday, June 26, 2006

Unexpected surprises

I love Capriotti's Sandwich Shop. Period. End of story. They put things together on sandwiches that you would just never think of. Don't get me wrong, their old stand-bys are good. They have ham, turkey and cheesesteaks, and they are all fine. Their turkey is awesome - it's real off the bird turkey - not that processed stuff you get at the deli counter. It's their original creations that always grab my attention. Take, for instance my personal favorite - the Bobbie. So yummy. It's basically Thanksgiving dinner, minus the gravy. Turkey, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce and Mayo on a hoagy roll. My friend Maria calls it "sugar on a bun." Not sure I agree, but it's fantastic. Today, I sampled a new sandwich (thanks to Lora, who forgot her leftovers on Saturday - sorry Loo. Didn't want it to go to waste!) - the Slaw be Joe. It was Roast Beef, Cole Slaw, Provolone Cheese and I think Russian Dressing (but I could be wrong there). Very, very tasty. Amy occasionally gets the Capestrami, which is basically the same thing, but with Pastrami. That's good too, I'm just not a pastrami fan.

The only complaint I have is the Capriotti's near our new house doesn't stock the little bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes. That makes me sad, but I really don't need to extra carbs after eating one of their sandwiches, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

8 comments:

Teri said...

It is funny that you posted this because I am eating my leftovers right now as I type :) heheheh

Kyria said...

CAAAAKE!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I love LOVE Capriotti's! I was so happy to find one in Henderson near where we live. They remind me of the little mom and popo sub shop near the house where I grew up. So yummy!! Their steak and cheese is great. So hard to find just steak and just cheese without oinions and peppers and crap in it. I think I may need to go get one tomorrow.

LoraLoo said...

I realized I forgot my leftovers about an hour after I got home... I am glad someone got to enjoy the rest of my sammich! That slaw-be-jo is the best.sandwich.ever.

Fred said...

Since I'll be in Vegas in October, looks like I have a new place I may want to visit.

Ken said...

Teri - Mmm. Left over Bobbie...mmmm

Kyria - Remind me to tell you the story about Maria and her new boyfriend's Nothing Bundt Cake story

Amanda - I think the best Cheesesteak I had in town is a place called the Philly Cheesesteak Factory. It's in a Texaco station at the corner of Pecos and Patrick. The wrapping paper is translucent, that's how much grease is there, but the sandwich is very yummy...too bad that's on the other side of the world for me now...

Lora - It was yummy. Also let me try another sandwich without worrying about being disappointed.

Fred - It's way good. Check out the website, they are all over, especially in Delaware and SE PA - if you are ever up that way. I think the closest one to you is in Bonita Springs, which I believe is in the Ft. Myers area...

Martin said...

I wish I wasn't as picky as I am. I usually avoid sub sandwiches (unless I get one with tuna and mayo or a meatball sandwich.) There's a Capriotti's around the corner from me but I've only gone in there to pick up stuff for other people. Who knows, maybe I'll poke around in there again and see if I can find something.

Jenny said...

They even offer VEGGIE MEAT so I can eat there too! I <3 their stuff.