Thursday, June 01, 2006

Politics as usual...

As many of you out there know, I am somewhat a political animal and am strongly considering a bid for Nevada State Assembly in the next 4-8 years. Those who know me well, know my positions on most of the current issues. However, the recent hub-bub about Harry Reid taking free boxing tickets is bordering on the absurd. It's low-level gossip. I'm also annoyed with his dodging of the issue. It's not that big of a deal. Write a check for the tickets, and move on. Saying it was necessary for him to defend local interests, saying it was necessary for him to go to the boxing matches is pretty lame.

Anyhoo. Like I said, this looks like petty partisan bickering to me. This gossip is worse than high school. In the grand scheme of things, free boxing tickets is small potatoes compared to the other corruption scandals to hit Washington this year. It's already fallen off the national stage. Let's hope it falls off the radar locally as well in the near future.

5 comments:

LoraLoo said...

I agree - all this hubbub about Reid accepting boxing tickets is pretty ridiculous. Especially when he didn't change his positions around the whole thing. Whatever! We're at war people, get over it!

Unknown said...

Don't do the State Assembly thing Ken, my Dad was one for 8 years in the 70s and it is totally lame-o. Nothing ever gets decided up there unless it is blessed three times by the lobbyists and other special interests...

Cupcake Blonde said...

I agree about Reid, get over it already. If that's the worst he has done, then fine!

I hate to say but I fear my job as helped stoke the fire about good ole' Harry. Gotta love the media!

David said...

Think bigger. When I was there I thought about running for Senate. I think that whole state is up for grabs. Ever thought you'd like to be governor?

Ken said...

Lora - Agreed!

DG - Yeah. That's the one thing keeping me from seriously pursuing

Amanda - Well, as a public figure that is rallying around the battle cry "Culture of Corruption," Harry should have expected it and came out with a better answer.

David - I was thinking about starting out small and working my way up...