Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Premiere Week - Monday Report

OK. I think Monday nights are going to be the new Thursday night. We had dinner with some friends Monday night, so we TiVo-ed the Monday night premieres. We settled in around 8 p.m. or so to watch the Monday night shows.

The Class was very cute. Sort of a next generation of Friends. We'll see how this one plays out. I hope Andrea Anders doesn't have a Joey curse...

How I Met Your Mother should really be titled Barney's Guide to Awesomeness. It's such a great, great character. His delivery and facial expressions are fantastic. As other blogs have mentioned, it will be interesting to see how things develop between Marshall and Lily should Lily come back. I think she will, if for no other reason because Robin needs a female friend on the show.

Two and a Half Men was relatively predictable, although the running gag about how long Alan's marriage was going to last was pretty funny - especially considering his first wife won it.

Oh. My. God. I was looking forward to the premiere of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, and boy did it deliver. We got thrown directly into the action. Judd Hirsch did a great guest spot bemoaning the state of television today, it will be interesting to see Steven Webber play a hard-ass. The "big three" of Amanda Peet, Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford will be a good triumvirate to watch develop. Very, very smart television. That's all I have to say. I know I'll be watching every week.

The only show we didn't watch was Weeds, but we'll catch that tonight. Besides, it wasn't a premiere, it was getting late and we were really kind of sleepy.

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I LOVED Studio 60!! It was witty, smart, funny and enetrtaining. And surprisingly on target for how TV stations work (even though I only know the news portion) In fact the situation with the director at the beginning, I've been in that situation myself. And I would have kept him on the air too!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh and Mother was good too!! Can't wait to see more.

LoraLoo said...

Barney is the best.character.ever! He kills me.

I think we're finally going to catch Studio 60 tonight. I can't wait!

Fred said...

I agree with you on How I Met Your Mother. I'm not a regular viewer of that show, but it seems it's written around him. I still can't believe he played Doogie Howser.