Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm back!

I'm back from India, and very happy to be back. It's odd to think that this is going to be a calm period for us, with Thanksgiving a week and a half a way, but it really is. After everything else, it's just good to be home.

So on this most recent India trip, I once again forgot to take a camera. Not that there was much to see. When I'm in India, I get up, go to work, go back to the hotel and go to sleep. I really should get in some sightseeing, but that would require extra time, and my time there is short and I don't want to extend my trip because I really just want to get home. I'll get pictures eventually, I promise.

It was really interesting watching the US Mid-Term elections over there. First off, BBC World carried election returns like CNN or a US-based network would. While the Indian news outlets weren't quite as focused on it, they still got more coverage than I was expecting. Even my co-workers were talking to me about it. I was amazed at the level of interest.

Other than that, I'm glad to be home!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Glad you are back, hopefully you will not have to go again for a while. One of these days I will just have to buy you a throw away camera that Amy will sneak into your luggage. :)

Cupcake Blonde said...

Good to have you home! I know Amy missed you while you were away. I kept her company via the phone while she unpacked all the wedding gifts and longed for your return.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Hope you don't have to do that again for awhile. I'm sure it's tiring...

Fred said...

Welcome back, Ken. It makes you realize how good we have it here when you travel overseas.

When I lived in the U.K., BBC was my choice rather than CNN International. Both are biased to some extent, but I wanted to see how the rest of the world viewed the U.S.