Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006

This was mine and Amy's first Christmas as a married couple. Overall, it was a good holiday. I successfully negotiated a stomach bug, Amy and I both went a little overboard with gifts, my best friend and I were able to bring closure to an issue out there, and I got a late Christmas gift when the Cowboys lost yesterday.

I was able to spend some quality time with my best friend Mike over the weekend. For those of you keeping score at home, this is the same Mike who backed out (albeit with plenty of notice) of being the best man at my wedding due to some irrational boss issues. We were finally able to bring any issues remaining from that to closure. It was great seeing Mike. There was a group dinner on Saturday and we got to see Mike, Kyria and some friends we only see at these group dinners.

Love was just fantastic. I can't wait to see more Cirque shows. Plus, it was extra special since I got to see it with my wife!

Our Christmas plans got moved around a lot between my stomach issues and then trying to coordinate with my sister so that we could open gifts as a family. We were able to come to a compromise, but I wasn't able to keep a promise I made to Amy, namely taking her to see Dreamgirls. I promise that I will do it before the end of the year. Vegas Princess and Prince Charming were able to join us for dinner, which was lovely.

All in all, not a shabby holiday. I got to spend it with my wife and my family. What more could I ask for?

5 comments:

New White Keds said...

Turns out the stomach bug was felt by half of the folks at dinner on Saturday night. While I was sad that you got it, I was THRILLED to have avoided it.

Yes, though, you are right. Bottom line of the holiday is that we spent it together. I can't wait for the next 50 or so Christmases to spend them together too!

LoraLoo said...

I'm glad the holiday was good despite the changes in plans.

I'm crushed - a Christmas present with the Cowboys losing???!!! We are building a healthy rivalry here, Ken. Bring it!

Happy New Year, Ken...

Fred said...

Not shabby at all. Sounds like a good one this year.

Happy New Year to you guys!

Ken said...

Keds - I love you so much. Happy New Year baby.

Loo - I took pleasure because it means that others in my life (not you nor Mike) had some disappointment. It was purely childish and passive-aggressively vindictive since I didn't want to start a family fight on Christmas.

Fred - Happy New Year!

Cupcake Blonde said...

We loved having dinner with you guys too! It is so much fun to hang out together.

We'll see you in the new year!