Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Good TV and no fights about holiday cards

OK. First, Monday TV was great last night. Not so good to write out your holiday cards to.

Another classic How I Met Your Mother. Between sick Barney and trying to figure out which really bad word Ted said (oh come on - you know you were trying to figure it out too!), just hilarious.

The Class was good. I agree with the TV Guide people, the more we get to know Duncan, Amy and I can't understand why he still lives with his mother. (Note to self - do NOT get Amy a stripper pole for our first anniversary.)

Two and a Half Men, while crude, had some good moments. The constant Rose and Bertha narration was great, a Susan Sullivan had a great guest spot.

The New Adventures of Old Christine is starting to grow on us again. Tonight's episode - Prius vs. Hummer - was somewhat indicative of the change that Amy's dealing with going from her Civic to a Honda Pilot.

In spite of all of the good TV, we managed to get through most of the Holiday cards - without a fight. Sunday's Holiday Card session wasn't quite as smooth as we got ourselves into a fight over passive aggression other people being rude.

Unfortunately, this evening of good TV and holiday cards was the by product of Amy cracking a crown. We had originally planned to go out with some friends last night. They were meeting up with some of their other friends from church. We like hanging out with them, and some of their friends are fun. All things considered, we just needed to stay in last night, I think. Besides, there was ice cream to eat!

3 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Oh no!! I have to go get drilled tomorrow and I ma not looking forward to that. I would be terrified if I needed a crown replaced. Poor Amy!

I love HIMYM last night! And I believe I figured out what naughty naughty word Ted said...

"My nose was just so full of awesomeness I had to get some out!"
And Barney's "I hate! Don't leave me" to Robin was great!

LoraLoo said...

I was totally trying to figure out the word Ted used. I just love that show!

Our DVR messed up and we missed the second half of The Class. Seriously pissed me off.

Christine just gets more hilarious all the time. Very few comedies make me belly laugh like that one. (HIMYM being the only other one.)

Ken said...

Princess - Just way too many funny lines to quote. "Laugh Slut" and the cookie scene were great.

Lora - Yeah. TVGuide had a decent debate about it. Can't be the "b" word, because they say that on the air all the time. But I just can't see Ted using the "c" word.