Thursday, March 22, 2007

American Idol and I'm getting old

First, while I am disappointed that Stephanie was voted off the island and the creepy Sanjaya is now in the Top 10 - insuring his spot in the AI tour - I really think she did it to herself. She picked a good song, but the performance was utterly forgettable. I come back to the three mantras of American Idol 1. Song Choice 2. You need to be on your A Game every week and show distinct improvement and 3. The audience needs to vote (has Ruben Studdard, Fantasia and Taylor Hicks not proven anything?) I figured of all the African-Americans left in the competition, Stephanie would be the most likely to success with this week's theme. As expected, LaKisha (or KiKi) struggled the most with the theme, and Melinda proved what an talent she really is. However, Stephanie's performance was just flat. I think Keds took a nap during it. Do I think she deserved to go home? No. But unfortunately, with people propping up Creepy Sanjaya you really need to make sure that you are voting for the people you want to stay.

Second, I'll admit that I'm an attention whore. Today is my birthday. I'm 34 today and while I may feel fat (you know it's bad when your size 38 pants are just a little bit snug), I don't really feel old. Keds has quite a number of things planned, most of which I am in the dark about - and that's fine. I do the same to her on her birthday, so turnabout it fair play.

Anyway, have a good one. I need to get back to work.

3 comments:

LoraLoo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You're only 34? Heck, you're just a baby. :)

Sanjaya must go DOWN... I can't take it anymore.

Kyria said...

Happy Birthday!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you have a great day and lots of fun to come (ha ha, I know what is coming!!)