Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Randomizations

Some random items for a Tuesday morning:
  1. From the same person that brought you the "Vibrator in the Girl's bathroom" comes the "Wacky Nun." Picture this - Staff Retreat. Previously, the staff of his school was used to boring staff retreats. Not any more. My buddy decided to turn a staff retreat into his own version of The Amazing Race. So, one of the teams included an 82-year old nun. The oldest member of each team needed to wear a funny hat and they were each given a Station of the Cross to go find. For the Station of Jesus being put on the Cross, he sent them out for a symbol, with the expectation they came back with nails. The Nun's team (BTW - she had gotten herself a Burger King Crown for her hat) came back with a six-pack of Guinness. When asked why, said Sister states "I thought you wanted us to get hammered!"
  2. I cannot believe that it is barely 2007 and we are already talking about the 2008 Presidential Election. ALREADY! The new Congress just convened and we have yet to see what the Democrats can do. I think campaign fatigue will set it very, very early.
  3. For right now, I'm supporting John Edwards. I liked him 4 years ago, and still like him. He's a normal person who is most likely to actually understand the plight of the middle class. Also, he's the only one right now talking about anything substantive. My big fear is that he'll run out of money.
  4. Work is OK. Going to San Dimas on Thursday for one meeting, but other than that it should be an OK trip.
That's all for now!

1 comment:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I like Mr. Edwards too. But I am getting burnt out from too much race talk already and it is only March of 2007...I don't think I can take another year and 8 months of this.

Guinness! Still makes me laugh!