Monday, March 12, 2007

A "down" weekend

I really hate the start of Daylight Savings Time. For like a week, it'll be hell getting out of bed. And we slept until like 10 a.m. yesterday. Other than that it was a pretty good weekend.

Friday night, we had Vegas Princess, Prince Charming and the "folks" over for dinner. It was nice. Dinner was tuna noodle casserole. I've never had it before, but it was perfect for a Friday night. After that, it was on the Melting Pot for a little early birthday celebration since it was my Aunt's last night in town. The Melting Pot was awesome! What's not to like about fruit and cake dipped in chocolate? Even my Dad, who initially resisted, got in on it and enjoyed himself.

Saturday was busy, yet laid back. We picked up Mom and Aunt Dolly and took my aunt to the airport. That was sad, but I was proud of my Mom - I know she was sad, but she didn't have tears streaming down her face. Keds and Mom went to the Zappos.com outlet and did a little shoe shopping. After that, as my reward for sitting through shoe shopping, we went to the CalSpas store. We damn near walked out with a Spa. But we really haven't started shopping, so we need to do our due dilligence and compare against our own family planning. After that, it was off to the Bagel Cafe for lunch. Mom had never been there. She was in HEAVEN. I was surprised when she got a full (1/2 pound) corned beef sandwich, but she took half of it home for Dad, and said it was the best corned beef they've had in 20 years. After running some other small errands, Mom and I went to church.

Saturday night was date night. Dinner and a Movie. We saw Music and Lyrics and then dinner at Cabo. It was a much needed night out. The movie was cute and enjoyable - not a lot of substance, but sort of like the 80s.

Yesterday was laid back. I went to the gym and watched the race. Bobby did well. Finished 13th, so that made me happy. Keds went shopping with Teri and then came home and did some work.

Anyway, back to work for now.

2 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Sounds like you had a busy, but very good weekend!

I can't wait to see Music and Lyrics. At first I was going to brave the theatre to see it, but you know, I just don't care for going out to the movies anymore.

Cupcake Blonde said...

We had so much fun at The Melting Pot! It was great food, fun and company. So wonderful to spend time with the two families.

My mom and I saw Music and Lyrics too and liked it well enough. Typical rom-com actually, nothing too special.

I want a spa!