Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Licking my wounds

I usually don't complain and I typically don't like to feel sorry for myself, but right about now I can't help it. One of my accounts is in pretty dire condition. Some issues are of my own doing, most are not. They are operational issues like making sure we have enough agents hired to handle incoming call volume, making sure the agents that are handling calls are achieving their performance metrics and processes aren't being followed. Where I've been falling down is asking the operations team hard questions and keeping an audit trail.

So now this troubled account is being taken off of my plate - which is something my boss and I have talked about - but the positioning will most likely be that I am being made to be the scapegoat and that sucks. I am always one to admit to my mistakes. But instead of the operations team needing to take the drastic action, I feel like my boss is making the dramatic gesture at my expense.

Don't get me wrong - I love getting to work out of the house and it gives me a lot of freedom. But I think it may be time to re-evaluate things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Microsoft is hiring!!!

Janell

LoraLoo said...

Being the scapegoat sucks. I hope all turns out well!

Ken said...

Janell - I might just talk to George about that.

Lora - It's still too early to see how this is going to play out. I just wish I wasn't a character in this drama.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Is no one having good work stories these days? I hope this all gets worked out soon.