Monday, September 10, 2007

We aren't in Kansas anymore

Well, Keds and I are back from the Emerald City. Noooo....not Oz, but Seattle. Originally intended as a trip to mix a little business with pleasure, things changed about mid-week. My business meeting was canceled, but Keds and I still ended up going to visit Janell and George.

Keds went into some of the finer details about the weekend, but my big thing was the purchase of my new laptop. With my current job situation and my only real PC my work laptop, I am goign to need something else. So Saturday, while Janell and Amy were at Janell's stamping party, we went PC shopping. After visiting Costco and a local computer shop, we ended up at Circuit City. They had a nice HP 17" laptop with 200GB of hard drive space and 2GB of RAM, with dedicated video RAM. Pretty sweet machine, at a pretty sweet price. After going back to George and Janell's, talking to Keds about it and comparing against HP and Dell direct prices it was decided this was the way to go. So I hopped onto Circuit City's website and bought it, selecting in-store pickup at the store closest to my house. I got it up and running last night and it's pretty sweet.

All in all it was a good trip, but it's good to be home - for a couple of days at least. We are off to LA this weekend for Rosh Hoshana and to check on the house. It should be almost finished, which is exciting.

5 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Man, you guys never stop! Although, who am I to talk. I have so much going on too!

Unknown said...

You had to go out and outdo my Bestbuy cheapie laptop purchase from two weeks ago, ehhh. Chuckle, hope you have fun with the new toy.

LoraLoo said...

I'm jealous about the 200GB hard drive, my 100GB is just about full already. So what if half of it is MP3s. LOL

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. I'm sure Seattle is a beautiful city, I've never been!

Ken said...

VP - It's been crazy. Hopefully it will slow down here soon.

DG - I needed a true desktop replacement - do I looked for dedicated video memory so I could make sure Civ and Age of Empires would play on it.

Lora - Not only is it 200GB, but it's split over two drives. It's pretty sweet. Plus, with 2GB of RAM, Vista appears a lot faster.

Martin said...

It took me some time to adjust but I have yet to crash Vista. Then again, it could be the Ultimate 64-bit version that just seems this stable. Still have a few tweaks to attempt in the next week or so. Congrats on the purchase.