Friday, October 21, 2005

Is that what that sinking feeling is?

As I sit here unable to go back to sleep thanks to the models of modern technology - my BlackBerry buzzed a couple of times with new e-mail at like 2 in the morning with folks from the UK and India e-mailing me - I'm sitting here thinking about this weekend. I'm going to LA to meet Amy's Dad and we are going to see her Mom. The purpose of the visit is to ask for their blessing. I know that her parents love her and want to see her happy. That's what I want for her as well. I'm just hoping she'll be happy with me as happy as I am with her. I'm just real nervous here. If I ask a yes/no question, they (she) could say no. I don't really want to risk that. In talking to some of my "people" the general recommendation is to avoid the yes/no question but I to present this as if it's a question and make them feel important. I pretty much know how I'm going to approach this. I'm still just nervous, that's all.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, but what do you expect at 3:30 a.m? I'm going downstairs to have a piece of pie. Chocolate Cream from Marie Callendar's. Yummy. I figure if I'm going to be awake at this ungodly hour I might as well have some pie.....mmmm....pie....

3 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Ken, you're a good guy with a sensible head on your shoulders. How can anyone not give you the blessing? It's all going to work out. Hope you guys have a great trip...

New White Keds said...

I LOVE YOU... plain and simple, and cannot wait to spend my life with you!

Kyria said...

Just focus on the pie. *winks*

You'll do just fine, goose. How much more obvious does the girl need to be?

Ooo... Hey. I made apple cobbler yesterday. I'd so fedex you some if I could.