Thursday, October 27, 2005

So I think we are back in Kansas

I had a hard re-entry to contact center account management last night. Chennai was getting hit with the front end of a cyclone that basically flooded the city and surrounding areas. I got the call at around 10 p.m. last night, and ended up working until 2 a.m. waking up my clients in the process to notify them of the potential issues. Went to bed for a couple of hours to get up in time for a 6 a.m. call this morning. My clients were understanding, but I can tell they are frustrated.

It was an adjustment for both Amy and I last night. It's been a while since I was a day-to-day account manager so I'm not used to being on call 24x7 like I was two and a half years ago. It was Amy's first look as well.

In other news, we went to go stand on our piece of dirt yesterday. Very exciting. We even saw the little "sold" house on our lot. Even more exciting.

2 comments:

Teri said...

I am so excited for you guys! It is so much fun to watch your little dirt lot go from sand to a dream house!

New White Keds said...

Nothing can be 100% perfect. But if there are going to be bumps and adjustments, better to make them now, than lter. Just focus on the good -- that sold sign, the dirt lot and everything that that dream encompases. 24/7 is jsut a drop in the bucket in comparison.