Monday, November 21, 2005

Have I mentioned?

Disclaimer - I apologize on the front end if my blog and Amy's comment on this past weekend are very similar. When you do cool stuff, you want to tell everyone about it. We just doing a lot of cool stuff together.

This weekend was pretty cool. Amy and I went to San Diego for the weekend. The centerpiece event was going to see my favorite football team, the Buffalo Bills, play the San Diego Chargers. The Canisius Alumni association arranged to get a block of tickets together and plan some events. I got this notice months ago - before I started dating Amy. So I reserved two tickets figuring I could get someone to know. When the Bills played in Phoenix a few years back, Canisius did the same thing. What I forgot about was they booked the seats WAY UP in the nose bleed section. While you can see everything, you just can't see the ball. Oh yeah - and I'm afraid of heights.

So we get to the Stadium yesterday, pick up my tickets at Will Call, and see where the seats are located. The sections lists were in an earlier communication that I have long since disposed of. Guess what - they are in the top section of the stadium - 13 rows up. Needless to say, I wasn't real happy. We get to our level and seats, and I am petrified. I know I went pale. Add to that it was 80 degrees out, I was wearing jeans and a dark polo shirt, and I was very, very uncomfortable. Once we got up to our seats, all I could do was focus on the field. I calmed down some as the stadium filled up, but I never got comfortable.

The moral of this story - always check the seats before purchasing to ensure they are somewhere you can enjoy the game. Oh yeah - and the Bills got their butts handed to them. 48-10. The game ended up being the least fun part of the weekend.

The weekend was pretty cool otherwise. We went to the beach - twice and saw the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. We went into Old Town San Diego and had some great Mexican food. And I got to spend it all with Amy. Pretty cool. All in all, a pretty good weekend. Except for the heights.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah too bad the Bills lost so horribly, at least it sounds like you had a good time at the game.

LoraLoo said...

Hey, did you go to Casa de Bandini? Karl and I used to go there in Old Town every time we visited his mom there (she lived there until there were grandchildren, now she's here). Isn't that the BEST place? I love Old Town. I can't wait to go back.

Sorry your experience at the game wasn't pleasant. I know you were looking forward to it.