Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ugh

Today was just one of those days. First, I'm having client issues. One client is making it overly difficult to go live. While it's true that we aren't hit the targets we agreed to, it's just getting frustrating. Luckily, my boss keeps advocating our case. I just don't know how much longer he will.

Then there is my communication-friendly client. One individual is either from China or Taiwan. He is extremely difficult to understand on the phone. Plus, I don't think he is understanding what we are trying to communicate. Very frustrating. I feel like banging my head against the wall every time I'm done talking to him.

Finally, got a call from the mortgage company today. Maybe I've gotten lucky with my initial purchase and my refinance. I just feel like I'm going through a proctology exam. And while that can be fun enough, it's just one more stressor.

At least I can look ahead to a nice weekend in San Diego. Yay! San Diego!

3 comments:

Teri said...

I get that feeling sometimes with my students. Today for example I was teaching my kids area. Most of the class got it, but I had called about 4 of them up in a small group. I wanted to bang my head on the table. The simple formula of lxw=a just could not be understood. They kept on multiplying all sides together. UGH!!!! Needless to say after about an hour of say after me lXw=a and doing 500 problems later, I think I might have gotten somewhere :)
I hope you have a great time in San Diego!

LoraLoo said...

I know I felt like I was going to have to give our first child up as collateral when we bought our house. It's such a process!

Hope next week is a much better one. :)

Martin said...

I hate dealing with people that have trouble with English via the phone. At least, in person I can use some charades to get a point across. Enjoy the trip!