Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Amazing

What a great couple of days. First, Amy and I shared our first Valentine's Day together. I'm sure she'll share everything I did for her on her blog. You should check it out - leave a comment if you'd like! For me, she got me the most amazing gift - a trip to The Art of Shaving at Mandalay Place. Yeah. It's a little indulgent, but this is something that I've been wanted to try for a long time. The best part is, I never ever mentioned anything to Amy about. How cool is that? Then, she made the most amazing dinner. A rib-eye steak butterflied to look like a heart, with pasta and veggies. She also baked a cake for dessert. Yummy. To top it all off, she's taking me to the hockey game on Saturday night. I've not been to a Wranglers game yet - considering I am a hockey fan and I'm from Buffalo, you would have thought I'd made to at least a couple of games so far. I have the best fiance ever!

Today was great too. Amy and I had our frame orientation today. The construction superintendent took us through the house and pointed out all of the frame features of the house. He then pointed out all the outlets, wiring and plumbing, along with the HVAC. It was very educational and Amy and I got to ask a ton of questions. I can't believe how fast this is going. It was just barely two months ago that it was still just a dirt lot. Now there is a house on it. I'm still a little in awe.

I realize this is a bit smaltzy for some of you out there in blog-land. It makes me a little sick too, but I can't believe how happy I am these days. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Besides, I had to suffer through it with some of you out there, so now it's your turn.

4 comments:

Teri said...

I really am so excited for you guys!

I don't think I have heard the word smaltzy before... heheheh But I am glad that you are really happy.

LoraLoo said...

Smaltzy! LMAO that word makes me laugh every time.

Glad you enjoyed your Valentine's Day!

How nice they gave you a frame tour. Never heard of that.

Ken said...

Teri - Yeah. I am pretty damned happy. I told Amy though that I got really sad at breakfast this morning talking about the day of her surgery.

Lora - Yeah. The frame tour was cool. I know Pulte's home are a little pricey but you should check them out as you look. We are pretty happy with them.

Ken said...

PS - Glad I got a reaction to the word "smaltzy." It wasn't what I was going for, but kinda cute nonetheless.