Tuesday, February 07, 2006

House Updates

It's been a little while since we've given you an update on the house. Well, aside from breaking ground before Christmas (and more than a week early I might add), we now have a foundation, a frame, a bathtub, our glass block windows and a fireplace. Oh yeah, and the internal HVAC units have been installed and it looks like the electrical and gas lines are installed. The windows are onsite along with the drywall. It's going up fast. Amy and I go every couple of days, and there is almost always something new. It's beginning to become real and we are both starting to get excited. We are really enjoying this part of the relationship and what the house represents to us. Way cool.

The building superintendent called this afternoon and want to set up a frame orientation. While our salesperson took the time on Saturday to walk us through and explain some stuff, I think this is a really good step. It's just one of those things that are good to know. I'm glad our builder is as thorough and customer friendly as they are.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved it when Teri and I were buying our house...we went and looked all the time. Its amazing how much changes when you are excited about it going up...

New White Keds said...

WE HAVE WINDOWS! We drove by last night and there are now windows and sliding glass doors and elecrtical, gas and water lines throughout the house. It looks like the computer stuff is ready to go in this weekend; the house comes pre-wired for networking. Anyway, just thought I would share!

Ken said...

DG - You are right. It's always changing. Every time we go by, there is something new. Too bad it gets dark out so early otherwise we would have more pictures.

NWK - YAY! Windows! Don't forget the roof tiles too and the little sign in the window with our address and plan! Yay! Our house!!!!

David said...

I remember this phase. Amanda and I would go by every few days and take pictures. What I would really have loved is a stop-motion animation with each day of construction represented by one frame. So go fulfill my desires, Ken! Take more pictures! =)