Friday, February 03, 2006

BIG SCREEN!

I moved my first pieces of furniture last night. Thanks to Brian H., we were able to move the 50" TV and the entire home theatre system last night, just in time for the "Big Game." Last Friday, the cable guy dropped off the HDTV DVR box, so that's hooked up. Since I had DirecTV at home, the only time I got to take advantage of the HD capabilities is when I watched movies on the TV. We watched the end of CSI and all of ER in HD. That was awesome. I'll hook up the surround sound part between now and Sunday afternoon.

The one wacky thing when watching HD programs is the commericals. Since I'm assuming they aren't in HD, they shrink back to the middle of the screen. Too funny.

PS. We watched the Super Bowl in HD. That was FREAKING FANTASTIC. The surround sound was hooked up by then, so we had the whole Home Theater thing going on. It was pretty cool. Plus, it was a good game. While the Steelers pulled away at the end, it was competitive through at least three full quarters. All in all, one of the best matchups in a while.

4 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Hope you enjoyed the game on the TV - even if those damn Steelers won. It's too bad Seattle didn't show up, I was really hoping they'd take this game.

Teri said...

Boys and their tv's.. hahahhaah

Ken said...

Lora - Yeah. A little disappointed with Seattle during the game. The officiating was spotty as well.

Teri - Yep. No doubt about it.

LoraLoo said...

Yeah I was thinking about that after I commented - the Steelers won a tainted game. Those refs were BLIND.