Friday, February 24, 2006

Well, I'm off

Today is kind of a big day. I'm leaving in a few hours for my first trip to India. I'm really torn on this trip. On one hand I'm really nervous and a little sad. I nearly cried when Amy left for work this morning, even though I'm going to see her in a couple of hours. I know she's sad about the trip.

It's 40 hours of travel and the transit hotel at the Singapore airport was fully booked. I'm hoping they have a cancellation or something for when I get there. I would just like to lie down for a little bit once I get off an 18 hour flight and while I kill 14 hours in an airport. Also, the client visit isn't exactly going to be 100 percent pleasant as we didn't have a particularly good quarter.

On the other hand, I am kind of excited. I have a defined purpose for this trip and I will get to meet a lot of people that I talk on the phone with. That will be cool. Plus, Chris is going to try and upgrade me on the way back. Woo hoo!

I think my mother is going to be a little emotional today. My sister and her husband are on a 1:30-ish flight back to Albany and I am leaving around 4. It was good to see them while they were here. I am dog tired now - I'm not used to going out every night for four or five nights.

Anyway, I'll try and post updates will I'm in India. It should be interesting, if nothing else.

3 comments:

Teri said...

I hope all goes well and you have a safe trip. Can't wait to hear about it.

Unknown said...

Yeah I hope everything goes well for you Ken...and bring back some souvenirs...I have a coin collection, how many Rupees to the Dollar?

Ken said...

Teri - It's been interesting so far. Had some interesting food and it was nice to meet a bunch of folks that I talk to on the phone all the time.

Lloyd - Exchange Rate is about 43 Rupees to the dollar. I also have some Singapore dollars. They run about $.40 or so to dollar. Haven't had much time to do some shopping. Am hoping to grab some time on Friday before leaving