Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I really do watch way too much TV

So I admit it - I watch way too much TV. The sad thing is - I wish I could actually watch more! I would love to get into 24, and we have like 6 episodes of Studio 60 on DVR, not to mention that Keds wants to give Dirt a shot as well. So what did we spend Monday and Tuesday night doing? Watching TV.

Can I just say once again that Barney truly makes How I Met Your Mother one of the funniest shows on TV? And the way Marshall played him to get some extra cash for their honeymoon was legend - wait for it - airy. The Ritchie character on The Class is starting to steal the show as well. His nervousness and general clutziness crack me up! Get that man another chocolate gorilla!

Tuesday night was a bizarre pairing - The State of the Union Address and American Idol. We watched the State of the Union and Democratic Response. In terms of the President's speech - I think it was the speech he had to give. He said a lot of things that sound good, but as they say, the devil is in the details. I don't buy this tax deductibility for health insurance because it has the potential for a lot of employers to drop health coverage and force people into the marketplace. Also, the call for tougher fuel mileage standards is nice to say, but again how?

On Idol, I've decided that I really, really don't like the audition portion of it. First, two hours is too long. Second, the bad singers are really, really bad. I would prefer a good mix of clearly excellent, some middle of the road and some bad auditions. I like it when Randy, Paula and Simon discuss and debate a little more often. I'm afraid as the Idol franchise continues to grow, the audition episodes are going to focus more and more on the bad ones then is giving us a peak into the process...

2 comments:

LoraLoo said...

HIMYM just gets better and better, doesn't it? When he was giving all the euphemisms for Little Barney I thought I was going to die!

I am so tired of this Idol audition crap too (as I watch at this very moment). I'm really wanting to get to it, already.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I totally agree, Barney makes that show! Last week's episode wasn't one of their more stronger ones, but Barney's scenes saved the day!

"You gave me the Ken doll!!"