Monday, January 15, 2007

Is it Monday already?

Wow. Where did the weekend go? It feels like it was just Thursday, and I was looking forward to the weekend. Now, it gone already. As many of you know, Saturday was Keds' birthday. I did the best I could to make it a nice birthday for her. I'll let her go into details on her blog, but I think I succeeded in my goals.

I wanted to thank all of our friends for pitching in for the birthday girl. From her Dad, her long-time friends Teri, Lora, Laura, Janell and Annie to our new friends - Amanda and Brian, Casey and Jennifer, Jennifer and Ian and Lisa and John to my best friend Mike and my family. You all helped in making this a good birthday for Amy - which was no small feat this year. We love you all and you are very important in our life.

Sunday, we were amazingly productive. We cleaned out the guest room, which was no small feat. It turned into the dumping ground for all the shower and wedding gifts as well as some of the stuff that we've brought from her Mom's house in California. Our goal is to get the house organized before we head to LA in February.

This week is going to be hectic! Tonight we are going over to Ma and Pa's hacienda for goulash (Amy's request). Tomorrow night Dave is coming over to watch the first night of American Idol. Wednesday, we are getting together with Shannon for Amy's birthday. And then my Mom's best friend and my uncle are coming to town for a couple of days as she moves cross country from Boston to San Diego. Plus, we need to close out our Macy's Registry by next Monday. UGH!

And you know it's bad when it's Monday, and you already know you are like four hours behind on good TV!

Well, if I get a chance to come up for air, I'll post again. If not, have a good week!

2 comments:

LoraLoo said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good weekend! Besides all the celebrations, it looks like there was a lot of work done too!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Good for you guys making a dent in all you have to do! I am sure once all your hard work is done you can finally sit down and relax! :)

And Happy Birthday (again) Amy!