Tuesday, November 13, 2007

This was a new one

As someone who has been bad in paying bills on time in the past, I'm no stranger to collections calls. Thankfully, this only happens on the extremely rare occasion that I completely space a bill (like the credit card I never use, but turns out has an annual fee). However, today was something completely different.

I got a phone call from an auto finance place. At first gearing up for a sales call, turns out they are looking for a neighbor of mine whom I don't know personally. This was a first. At least it wasn't for me.

Second, while I don't currently support the Hillary Rodham Clinton candidacy, I think this lunacy about whether or not her campaign planted questions in the crowd is just that - lunacy. Of course they did it. And of course all the other campaigns are doing it. She just got caught. It's no different than making sure hecklers aren't within 100 yards of a camera when a major political figure is speaking. It's the same thing - control the situation. I hate stupid process stories. This is why I am starting to boycott 24 hour news channels

2 comments:

Martin said...

I have had collectors call about friends before but they were ones that I hadn't talked to in 5 years or so. I think them calling a neighbor about the debtor is nuts! My biggest issue with collectors are when they have a machine call and tell (insert name here) to call them long distance. It's not you so you don't have an option to tell them it isn't and to stop calling unless you call there. (Happens a lot with new phone numbers.)

I can't say that I'm shocked about staged questions but yes, the media has grabbed onto Hillary's use like a pitbull. What I find funny is that investigators for her and Obama's camps have been leaking information about each other to try to strengthen their position. It reminds me that I don't like the politics involved in that level of "public service."

Cupcake Blonde said...

Try working for one...you can't escape it. I hate election time. And it is not going to get any better so a whole other year. Kill me now and put me out of my misery, please.