Monday, August 15, 2005

Joplin, MO

Mom just called. They made it to Joplin, MO. I think they were hoping to have made it to Tulsa or Oklahoma City, but that was just too far for today. I think the goal is to get to Amarillo, TX tomorrow.

They had a pretty interesting drive today from Indiana, through Illinois and across most of Missouri. I didn't ask what it was like to cross the Mississippi, but it had to have been something. My Mom was excited to see power-generating windmills. I believe she called it poetry in motion. And they also saw working "barney googles" (sp?). I didn't know what she was talking about, so she told me they were working oil rigs, really. Still don't know what the actual name is, but she was really excited.

They seem to be really enjoying their drive across the US, which is great.

At this rate, it looks like they will be here some time on Thursday.

It's getting closer...

2 comments:

Teri said...

Are you getting excited or are you freaking out? hahahahah A little of both maybe?

Ken said...

I think a little of both. I'm excited to have them here. It is going to be an adjustment, though. Throw on top of that that they are going to be staying with me for a while will have a definite impact on how I live my life. But it's not necessarily bad...