Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend update...

Mom and Dad seem to be adjusting to life in Las Vegas. They are very relieved to be here, and beginning to feel more and more "normal." This is a good thing. I've introduced them to Capriotti's (we all split a Bobbie. I told them if they didn't like it, to lie to me) and Blueberry Hill. They seem to have a little plan today, so we will see how that goes. Plus, they bought about $130 worth of stuff at Target for my house. Mostly paper products, but that was still pretty nice.

The real point of this posting is to say, once again, how cool Amy is. First, she invited Mom and Dad over for breakfast on Saturday mostly to make life easier for me. She already had company coming over for breakfast. It was great to see Lora, Carl and Madison. She then suffered through construction on the 95 on both Saturday and altered her route on Sunday to compensate for the construction. She put nearly 200 miles on her car this weekend. She sat and chatted with my Dad one on one last night, even after he had a few beers (you can usually tell - that's when the stories of the AFL Bills and the Beach House come out). Saying good night to her at the car Saturday and Sunday SUCKED. I forgot how horrible it is. The good news is that we will only have to deal with it this week, and maybe two weeks after I get back. It'll be tough, but I'm really beginning to believe the line "absence makes the heart grow fonder..."

2 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Hey, I finally wandered in!

1st, it was great to see you on Saturday and I enjoyed meeting your parents (Madison really did like your Dad). Amy is pretty cool, but even more she is genuine and will always be there for you.

It is a real adjustment when family moves near or far - I think your parents are going to love Las Vegas once they settle (especially Mom, she seems someone looking forward to new things). Once the dust settles you'll get right back to life as usual. The next two weeks or so will be so small in the big picture. :)

New White Keds said...

Thanks to you both ofr the kind words. The fact of the matter is that I am enjoying getting to know Ken's folks. Great insight to a man I adore!