Sunday, August 28, 2005

Oh Canada...

I'm off tonight for my first business trip in nearly four months. I can't really complain. Many of my peers fave traveled for more extensively. This being said, I have mixed feelings about this trip. I know I need to go to Bathurst. I have a major client going live on Tuesday and it's my job to make sure that everything goes smoothly. However, I'm not looking forward to leaving Amy for the week, my parents are still getting settled, and spending about 14 hours either in airports or on airplanes. To make the flight from Montreal to Bathurst, I have to catch the red-eye out of Las Vegas and connect in Toronto. It's at least not that bad on the way back. Bathurst-Montreal, Montreal-Las Vegas direct.

I just really hate traveling. Eating out three meals a day, sleeping in hotel beds and the time differences just wreaks havoc on your body. I at least stocked up a Tylenol PM, so I should be in good shape to get some sleep along the trip...

Anyway, this is just one long complaint about something that I have no control over. In good news, Oakland blasted Baltimore 10-3 today, which combined is the Angels' loss, moved them into first place by 1/2 game. Worst case scenario, when the A's arrive in Anaheim for their series with the Angels on Tuesday, they will be in a first place tie. Pretty cool, huh?

3 comments:

Teri said...

Have a good trip! Try to enjoy some of the sights if you can.

New White Keds said...

I hope the travels were smooth and that you have a successful trip. That ride home from the airport stank!

New White Keds said...

Sorry to read that your cousin is uncomfortable reading about your life. It is still weird to see you as Kenny, but I am enjoying your insights and getting to know you better.