Tuesday, April 18, 2006

An American Idol Rant

To a certain extent, I am cursing my lovely bride-to-be for getting me sucked into this insidious show. I actually find myself caring about who goes home and who stays. Like tonight. There was only one truly sub-par performance and it wasn't Ace! That bites! I'm afraid that he'll get to stay around another week, which I'm not sure if I can stand. However, since he strayed from his typical uniform, maybe his adoring demographic base will abandon him this week.

Anyway, I vote for who I voted for, and will hope that Ace (or is it Bret...) goes home tomorrow night.

3 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Kellie was really bad last night... and it might just be her night. She doesn't really bother me, but this dumb country girl thing has to be getting old to a lot of viewers. Amy mentioned this morning, however, that it may actually be working FOR her, and that's a good point.

Ace really needs to go home!

Ken said...

Lora, I agree. Kellie doesn't bother me. I don't necessarily think she's the best singer, but she's definitely entertaining.

ACE IS GONE! ACE IS GONE! ACE IS GONE!

Don't get me wrong, I don't really think that he was the worst singer last night, but of the remaining group, he was the one that was lowest on the talent level.

A conversation that Amy and I have often is - do you vote for your favorites or do you vote for the people that you think were the best? Ideally, they should be the same but when it is not, logic is out the window.

As an example, Dave and I both love Katherine, and will vote for Chris but Amy LOVES Taylor, whom I can't stand. I will never think he's the best.

What does everyone else think?

Teri said...

I got Lloyd hooked on the show as well.

My favorites are Katherine and Elliot based on voice. I know Elliot will go home soon because he doesn't have much personality, but I just love his voice. It is really a popularity contest. I cannot stand Kellie and based on last weeks performance she should have been the one to leave, actually she has had about 3 really bad performances, but I don't think she has ever been in the bottom 3 yet.