Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's finally here

Well, the day that's been six months in the making finally came. We got the keys to our house today. We signed our contract on October 20th. We signed the loan and title documents on April 20th. We got to the house a little after 3 p.m. to do one final walk-through with our Customer Service Manager, signed a couple of documents and then got our keys. We finished up with our window covering guy (or the blind guy as Brian and I now refer to him as), and then we were all alone.

All alone in our new house. It's ours. I still don't think it's real and I am waiting for someone to come by and say it isn't. We had dinner in the house tonight and then basically hung out there and picked out our carpet. I won't think it is real until our furniture is in and we actually are sleeping there.

But for now, we have the keys and Amy and I are going to be so happy there and I can't think of anyone that I'd rather be doing this with...

3 comments:

Darryll said...

Congrats!

LoraLoo said...

Woohoooooo! You got the keys! Did you guys do a little happy dance?

Ken said...

Manka - Thanks.

Lora - Oh yeah. We did a happy dance...