Monday, April 17, 2006

Real Estate Updates

A few random thoughts before heading off to bed:
  1. My house officially "closed" on Friday. Just in time for me to take the proceeds and write the down payment on the new house.
  2. The new house is damn near done. It's looks FANTASTIC. We'll still be picky when we do our walkthrough, but things are really coming together.
  3. We bought our appliances over the weekend. Got killer deals at The Great Indoors. Better prices on Kenmore products than Sears. Can you believe it?
  4. For the record, we got a 25 cubic foot French Door, bottom freezer fridge with an ice maker and water dispenser. Very cool. The washer is a High Efficiency Top Loading washer, with the matching dryer.
  5. Meeting the carpet guy and a blind company out at the house tomorrow for measurements. Let the fun begin!
  6. Looks like I'm going back to India in a month or so. Guess this means I should go in for the second Hepatitis A and B shot.
  7. My boss is on vacation this week. It's good because I don't have him bugging me. It's bad because he left me covering his position.

That's all for now. It's nap time and I have a call at 6:30 tomorrow morning...

No comments: