Thursday, December 15, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

As expected things are getting just a little bit crazy. Amy and I are both in the process of finishing up most of our holiday shopping and to-do's. We had dinner with my friend Steve last night. I see Steve usually once a year at the most, so it was good to see him last night. I've got almost all of my Christmas shopping done. I have Amy's gifts, but I did manage to give her one gift last night - her engagement ring. For those of you that don't know the story, while I proposed to Amy on November 6th, we were in the midst of qualifying for a mortgage. The loan officer told us to hold off on purchasing it. Well, last week I was fully qualified for the mortgage and the loan officer gave me the all clear.

I picked the ring on Saturday, but unfortunately the setting was sold in the hours between the time I was in the store and the time I called to start the purchase process. They FedExed the setting in from another store and it was ready yesterday. I really wanted to take Amy back to our lot re-do the whole proposal. However, once I saw the ring, I couldn't wait. Besides, I needed to surprise her. So last night, after dinner as we were getting ready for bed, I got down on one knee and re-popped the question. While I don't get the style points like the first time, I did manage to surprise her.

She is thrilled, and the ring is absolutely gorgeous. Pictures will be posted soon.

1 comment:

LoraLoo said...

You know I soooo heard this story today. Way to go, Ken!