Thursday, December 08, 2005

Christmas

As we are coming up on Christmas this year, I am once again reminded of the changes that have occured in my life. I am engaged to a beautiful, wonderful woman who I love so much, my folks sold their house and moved out here and I am in the process of buying a new house. That I don't have to travel this year to see my folks for the holidays is fantastic. I've been here eight years, and gone back to Buffalo three times over that span. Each of those times, there was a weather snafu that caused me issues. Last year's by far was the worst. Stuck in Cincinnatti for a whole day was not fun at all - although I did get to eat some Cincinnatti-style chili. Yum.

Anyway, I am finding it hard to believe that Christmas is nearly hear. I can understand why my folks don't quite feel that way - they are used to much colder temperatures and even a little snow on the ground by now. In my case, I think it's just been so busy with all of the wedding plans, house plans and new job.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to my first Christmas w/Amy and not having to go to Buffalo to see Mom and Dad.

No comments: