Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year's Post

OK. I've been stewing on this one for the better part of the last day. I'm trying to come up with a post that is a little sappy, but clever at the same time. Not really sure if it is possible, but let's give it a try.

It's amazing how much can change in a year. I'm engaged, buying a house, have a new job and my parents out here now. That's a lot for one year. It's been mostly a good year. Having old friends leave town was hard. However, gaining future in laws (even though they are in LA) is pretty cool. My folks seem to be building quite a relationship with Amy's Mom and I think that is cool. Both my sets of grandparents got a long and often visited outside of functions that didn't include my folks, my sister or I. It seems that's where this is headed. That's pretty exciting.

The year ahead is going to be one of change. First off, I'm selling my house in January and moving in with Amy. I have to schedule a trip to India, but that is client dependent, but that's hanging out there. Amy and I are buying our house (with a pool!) and moving in there late April/early May. Then there is the wedding. We have moved well beyond the "let's elope" point, but that's OK.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all out there in Blog-land. This wasn't the most original of posts, but it got the job done. Wishing you the best in 2006!

No comments: